22 juni 2012

The story about Elin and Jesper


In the end of January 2012 I received an email via CouchSurfing.
A guy named Jesper was looking for a couch in my town for this summer. He would travel Europe from north to south with no more means of transportation than his unicycle. Thereby Jesper needed somewhere to stay in my town for one night. Of course he could stay at my place! In the email he also invited me to cycle along as many kilometers as I wanted.
Three days later I had carefully studied his project and had come to the conclusion that I just Had to join him on this crazy and important travel. (Note that we still hadn't met in real life.) One or two weeks later we met in Stockholm and I still had a good feeling about it all.
Shortly after I communicated the news at work and they immediately accepted my wish to be on leave for five months.

The following four months went quick with all intensive planning.
Jesper and I have travelled together for three weeks now and mostly we stay with people we've never met before. Thanks to the brilliant network CouchSurfing! It's liberating in a way to realize that we're all part of the same world. I'm more and more becoming aware of how far we can reach when we're collaborating and helping each other.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching ;)

Hugs ♥ Elin

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar